Sunday, February 17, 2008

Last day in Heimiswil

I think that Switzerland is the most beautiful place I have ever been. We have been to a lot of wonderful places and a lot of beautiful places but I cannot think of any place that matched the Alps in brute force volume of natural beauty.





Our hosts lent the children some sunglasses to use.
Up at the top of the ski lift. I think that perhaps there is no place to ski better than the Alps. I do hope that the winters do not continue to be so warm for them. There are many mountains with much less snow than usual. We spent the afternoon "sledging". Sledding down the ski slope. Something that is just not done, or commonly, in the United States as far as I know.
Our hosts were really wonderful people. Not afraid to have fun or act a little silly. We will miss them. Perhaps we will be able to host them in the USA or Mexico someday.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

stebele said...

Hi there

sounds like you were having a lot of fun on the rest of your trip and you even got to be in the snow!

Loved having you here!

Your host from Turbenthal