Thursday, February 14, 2008

!st full day in Switzerland

The kids spent the morning at elementry school in Thurbanthal. Laurel worked and I went to the grocery store and cheese shop with our host. The owner of the cheese shop brought us some cheddar cheese from her own home. If you are ever passing though Thurbanthal the cheese shop has an amazing selection of hand crafted local cheeses and other natural food products. Do the Swiss know cheese? It is really worth the stop!

Everywhere we drove looked like something out of a model railway set. It was all so picturesque and perfect. So what is it? N scale, HO scale, Z scale? I can assure you is is all 1:1. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't a photograph.
Valentines day 2008. Top of the world. Is there a better place to be today? I can't even imagine it,a dn I have a pretty wile imagination.
We stopped and did some shopping at the small village of Appenzell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: